On Saturday, June 18, 2011, Freemans Battery Forrest Artillery Inc. dedicated the Historical Marker shown below, to honor Captain Samuel Freeman, Forrest's first Captain of Artillery, at Nathan Bedford Forrest's boyhood home, at 4435 Pyles Road, Chapel Hill, TN. 37034 Monies were raised from general membership dues
Parkers Crossroads Park, Tennessee
Rogersville, AL. Monument picture pending. Captain Samuel L. Freeman's Battery, commanded by Captain Admiral Huggins, served under Gen. Joseph Wheeler from late, 1863 to the End of the War Between the States.
Erected October 7, 2006 by Freeman's Battery Forrest's Artillery Camp 1939, Sons of Confederate Veterans
Freeman's Battery worked on restoring this building. Shiloh Church, biblically known as "place of peace," was built in 1851. Ironically this small log church gave name to the famous Battle of Shiloh and became the site of some of the fiercest fighting of the Civil War.